Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For April at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out April with 665 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 654 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from BookmoochLoyal Books, authors, Paperback SwapNetgalley and a Library Book Sale that we went to on the 20th.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The Brontes: Wild Genius on the Moors, the Story of Three Sisters by Juliet Barker
- Beneath by Kit Tinsley
- Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
- A Little Death by Laura Wilson
- Sights Unseen by Kaye Gibbons
- My Best Friend by Laura Wilson
- The End of Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher
- The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher
- Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope by Jenna Bush
- Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee
- Mercy Street by Mariah Stewart 

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity: A Memoir by Bill O'Reilly
- The Grey Woman and Other Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Life of Charlotte Bronte Volume 1 by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Life of Charlotte Bronte Volume 2 by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Pinned: A Kentucky True Crime by Charles Massie
- Kinsley Circle by Kevin Cowan
- Lynnwood by Thomas Brown
- And Justice For Some: An Expose of the Lawyers and Judges Who Let Dangerous Criminals go Free by Wendy Murphy
- The Longings of Wayward Girls by Karen Brown
- Amity and Sorrow by Peggy Riley
- Dying Voices by Laura Wilson
- Answered Prayers by Danielle Steel
- Blind to the Bones by Stephen Booth
- Dark Harbor by Stuart Woods
- The Elegant Gathering of White Snows by Kris Radish
- Everything Must Go by Elizabeth Flock
- The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan
- The Eyrie by Stevie Davies
- Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier
- The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
- Heart-Shaped Box: A Novel by Joe Hill
- His Other Wife: A Novel by Deborah Bedford
- In Sunlight and in Shadow by Mark Helprin
- In the Dark: The True Story of the Blackout Ripper by Simon Read
- Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell
- Joshua by Joseph F. Girzone
- Last Wish by Betty Rollin
- Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
- Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
- Lost in the Forest by Sue Miller
- Mercy by Julie Garwood
- Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross
- One Last Dance by Eileen Goudge
- Parrot and Olivier in America by Peter Carey
- Pearls by Colin Falconer
- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- A Place Called Home by Deborah Smith
- Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework: The Stitch-by-Stitch Guide to Practical and Creative Needlecraft by Editors of Reader's Digest
- The Real Mother by Judith Michael
Refined by Fire: A Family's Triumph of Love and Faith by Brian and Mel Birdwell and Ginger Kolbaba
- Remembered Laughter: The Life of Noel Coward by Cole Lesley
- The Restless Sleep: Inside New York City's Cold Case Squad by Stacy Horn
- Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig and Margaret Mitchell
- River, Cross my Heart by Breena Clarke
- The Sands of Time by Sidney Sheldon
- Secrets Unveiled by Sheshena Pledger
- So Happy Together by Maryann McFadden
- The Sweet Hereafter by Russell Banks
- Theft: A Love Story by Peter Carey
- Wait Till Next Year: A Memoir by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Wednesday Sisters: A Novel by Meg Waite Clayton
- When the Wind Blows by James Patterson
- The Whole Truth by David Baldacci
- The World is Bigger Now: An American Journalist's Release From Captivity in North Korea...A Remarkable Story of Faith, Family, and Forgiveness by Euna Lee and Lisa Dickey
- You Are the Love of my Life by Susan Richards Shreve
- The First Rule of Swimming by Courtney Angela Brkic
- The Lighthouse at the End of the World by Stephen Marlowe
- Swimming at Night by Lucy Clarke
- 999: New Stories of Horror and Suspense by Al Sarrantonio

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- House Rules by Jodi Picoult
- Breaking the Trust by Lucy Clare
- The Servants of Twilight by Dean R. Koontz
- The Brontes: Wild Genius on the Moors, the Story of Three Sisters by Juliet Barker
- Margaret Trudeau: The Prime Minister's Runaway Wife by Felicity Cochrane
- Beneath by Kit Tinsley
- The Goodbye Summer by Patricia Gaffney
- Audition: A Memoir by Barbara Walters
- Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
- Full Circle by Danielle Steel
- Theirs Was the Kingdom by R. F. Delderfield
- The Empty House by Rosamunde Pilcher
- My Best Friend by Laura Wilson

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 11
Pages Read: 3,974
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was April. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)