Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rosamunde Pilcher - The End of Summer

31. The End of Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher (1971)
Length: 233 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 15 April 2013
Finished: 16 April 2013
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 March 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Rosamunde Pilcher as an author, having read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

After years spent living in the United States, Jane returns to the Scottish estate of Elvie, where she had spent a magical childhood. Memories of a lifetime spent at Elvie had always summoned the image of Sinclair to Jane's mind. Sinclair was the rakish man Jane had once dreamed of marrying, but now that she is home, she finds Sinclair to be an entirely different man from the one she had known. His enticing charm now has a purpose, and Jane can no longer trust him...or herself.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. In my opinion, it was a very easy and pleasant read for me. I didn't think that this was a particularly earth-shattering story, but overall I gave The End of Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher an A!

A! - (90-95%) 

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)