Saturday, April 20, 2013

Our Library Visit For April

Hello Everyone! How are you on this fine Saturday? I'm doing just fine. :) So, for the second time this year Mareena and I went to our local library and bought books at the library book sale. :) I suppose we each thought our separate TBR piles needed replenishing! We had promised ourselves that we wouldn't go overboard, but I think that that particular promise went out the window as soon as we both walked through the door! :) We came away with two boxes and three bags of books - not bad!!!

We hadn't been to the library since February of this year. We arrived at the library at about 12:00 P. M. and spent two hours there. We had a wonderful time together - as we always do! As a matter of fact, according to my book blogging friend Cheli, this past week - April 14-20, 2013 - is National Library Week! Yay!!! :)

Between us, we bought 27 hardcovers, 26 paperbacks and 4 oversized paperbacks, as well as 3 audiobooks and 4 movies. We spent a whopping $65 for a total of 60 books. A pretty good haul, if I do say so, myself. :)

At the moment, I'm reading an ebook Evil Stalks the Night by Kathryn Meyer Griffith, which I am currently stalled in reading because Mareena's Kindle's battery overloaded and so she (and I) have been unable to use it since Monday night, April 15th. I was just beginning Chapter 3 and really getting into the story. Anyway, I hope to finish reading Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee by tomorrow. I had started reading this book on Friday, April 19th despite having this book on my TBR pile since August of 2009.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)