Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Eileen Goudge - One Last Dance

36. One Last Dance by Eileen Goudge (1999)
Length: 422 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 26 April 2013
Finished: 1 May 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 April 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and despite having several books by this author on my bookshelf, Eileen Goudge is a new author for me.

The Seagraves are among the most enviable couples living in Miramonte, California. On the eve of their fortieth wedding anniversary, and just as much in love with each other today as they were on the day they married - until the night Lydia Seagrave picks up a gun and shoots her husband. Novelist Daphne - the couple's oldest daughter - returns home and is forced to contend not only with her father's murder but also with her undeniable feelings for the only man she has ever loved - the District Attorney who is prosecuting her mother.

The Seagraves' youngest daughter Alex's loyalty lies with her father, and she is determined to vindicate him no matter what the cost to her relationships with her sisters and her mother. Alex is convinced that her mother is a murderess, and that Lydia deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Kitty - the middle daughter - sets out to vindicate her mother and enters headlong into a passionate love affair with a younger man.

As the devastated sisters come together to unravel the truth about their family, they must also confront the lies and betrayals they have unwittingly taken part in. They must rebuild from their shattered illusions a life that is honest...even at the risk of being painful for them all. 

I actually have two copies of Blessing in Disguise by Eileen Goudge on my bookshelf already, although One Last Dance is the first book that I've read by this author. I really enjoyed this book because I do enjoy reading books with family relationships - generally dysfunctional families - at the heart of the story. I give this book an A! and I am definitely looking forward to reading more books by Eileen Goudge in the future. 

A! - (90-95%)
     
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)