Friday, May 24, 2013

Elizabeth Flock - Everything Must Go

43. Everything Must Go by Elizabeth Flock (2006)
Length: 376 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 21 May 2013
Finished: 24 May 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 April 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Elizabeth Flock is a new author for me.

To everyone on the outside, the Powells are a happy family, but then a devastating accident destroys their fragile facade. When seven-year-old Henry is blamed for the tragedy, he tries desperately to make his parents happy again. As Henry grows up, he is full of potential - a talented sportsman with an academic mind and a thirst for adventure. However, Henry soon begins to question if the guilt his parents have burdened him with since childhood has left him ultimately unable to escape his anguished family and their painful past. 

Most people might not enjoy reading books with depressing plots, but I am not one of them. I enjoyed this book very much and found it to be very well written. It was perhaps a little slower to get into than I would have liked, however in my opinion, the plot picked up appreciably about halfway through. I will say that I felt intensely sorry for Henry and all that he went through in his life. I give Everything Must Go by Elizabeth Flock an A! and will certainly be on the lookout for more books by this author to read.

A! - (90-95%)
  
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosefire,
    I like the blog's new look.
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Carmen! I just thought it was time for a change. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)