Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reading Wrap-up for December at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out December with 644 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 631 books unread. All of the books that I acquired this month came from Bookmooch and Paperback Swap; I have bought no new books this month. Books that I truly wanted to read, Mareena downloaded to her Kindle as a Christmas present for me. :)

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Re-reads
- Lightning by Danielle Steel
- Gad's Hall: A Novel of the Supernatural by Norah Lofts

Changes to the TBR pile 


Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The Great Fire by Monica Dickens
- Mommy's Little Girl: Casey Anthony and Her Daughter Caylee's Tragic Fate by Diane Fanning
- Ordinary Love and Good Will by Jane Smiley
- Beach Roses by Jean Stone
- Thornyhold by Mary Stewart
- The Doctor's Wife: A True Story of Marriage, Deception and Two Gruesome Deaths by John Glatt
- Thin Air by Robert B. Parker
- Madman in the Mirror by A. J. Gallant
- Evil Twins: Chilling True Stories of Twins, Killing and Insanity by John Glatt
- Scarlet Women by J. D. Christilian
- Full Circle by Danielle Steel

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! :))
- Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever by Martin Dugard and Bill O'Reilly
- Celtic Cross-Stitch Designs by Carol Phillipson
- The House Beyond the Hill by Michael R. Collings
- Backwoods by Sara Reinke
- The House by Bentley Little
- The Disappearance by Bentley Little
- His Father's Son by Bentley Little
- The Takeoverby Jack Drew
- Bag of Bones by Stephen King - Trust by Kate Veitch
- The Cherokee Nation and the Trial of Tears by Theda Perdue and Michael D. Green
- Bloodprint: A Novel of Psychological Suspense by Kitty Sewell
- Haunted Heritage: A Definitive Collection of North American Ghost Stories by Michael Norman and Beth Scott
- House of Smoke by J. F. Freedman
- The Worst Thing I've Done: A Novel by Ursula Hegi
- Chapter of Echoes by Aileen Armitage
- To the Devil a Daughter by Dennis Wheatley
- The Red Church by Scott Nicholson
- By Her Hand, She Draws You Down by Douglas Smith

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- Mommy's Little Girl: Casey Anthony and Her Daughter Caylee's Tragic Fate by Diane Fanning
- The Happiest People on Earth by Demos Shakarian, John and Elizabeth Sherrill
- Fatal Vision by Joe McGinniss

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 13
Pages Read: 3,663
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was December. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)



Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)