Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mary Stewart - Thornyhold

64. Thornyhold by Mary Stewart (1988)
Length: 289 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 9 December 2011
Finished: 10 December 2011
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 18 April 2011
Why do I have it? I do like the Gothic type of mystery and Mary Stewart is well known for this.


There was one thing in Gilly Ramsey's lonely childhood that she enjoyed; the visits from her Godmother, Geillis, an extraordinary woman with unusual powers. When Geillis suddenly died, the adult Gilly inherited her charming little cottage, Thornyhold, and went to live there in the English countryside.

Once she arrived, Gilly encountered many strange occurrences; sinister neighbors, messages from beyond the grave and even the whisper of love. Just as Gilly grew closer to an attractive stranger and began to return his love, the inexplicable aura of suspense and witchcraft surrounding Thornyhold turned all too real and dangerous.

I have read a couple of Mary Stewart's books and have enjoyed some very much and others not so much. This book was very good except the plot was somewhat too easy to follow. I give this book a B+!

B+! - (89-85%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)