Saturday, December 17, 2011

A. J. Gallant - Madman in the Mirror

67. Madman in the Mirror by A. J. Gallant (2001)
Length: 230 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 16 December 2011
Finished: 17 December 2011
Where did it come from? Many thanks to A. J. for sending me a copy of this book to read.
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 11 December 2011
Why do I have it? I like horror and A. J. Gallant is a new author for me.


What do you do when a serial killer raises you from birth to be just like him? Henry has lived all his life in his father's shadow of terror and serial murder with the tacit understanding that he was being groomed to continue the "family business". Having witnessed his first murder as a toddler and actively participating in his father's murder sprees as an adult, Henry tries in vain to battle his inner demons and break free to go out on his own.

As an adult, Henry is struggling with the knowledge that his father's actions as well as his own have driven him literally insane - hearing voices and seeing images of horrific crimes in mirrors. Even when Henry eventually kills his father, he can not escape the anger and vengeance that he creates in one of his earlier victims; as the spirit of the dead man reaches out from beyond the grave to exact his own brand of revenge.

I have to say that this book was strange, extremely strange, and of course, being concerned with the life and actions of a serial killer, very, very violent. That being said, I did enjoy it even if truth be told, I probably wouldn't have chosen to read this book for myself. It certainly was different and not like any book I'd ever read before. It held me spellbound and at attention all through the story and I give it a solid B+!

B+! - (89-85%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)