Tuesday, December 13, 2011

John Glatt - The Doctor's Wife: A True Story of Marriage, Deception and Two Gruesome Deaths

65. The Doctor's Wife: A True Story of Marriage, Deception and Two Gruesome Deaths by John Glatt (2007)
Length: 256 pages
Genre: True Crime
Started: 10 December 2011
Finished: 13 December 2011
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 13 June 2009
Why do I have it? I like true crime and had heard of the Bart Corbin murder case at the time that it happened.

For months, the young son of Bart and Jennifer Corbin had told anyone who would listen that he was afraid of the violence that went on behind the closed doors of his elegant Georgia home. Then on the morning of December 4, 2004, 7-year-old Dalton ran to a neighbor's house, sobbing. What was uncovered was almost unbelievable to the Corbins' neighbors: Jennifer Corbin was engaged in a secret cyber-sex lesbian affair and successful dentist Bart Corbin had a bizarre and frightening past.

Jennifer Corbin's death looked like suicide. But that didn't fool young Dalton, and in the coming weeks the police uncovered an even more horrifying story: Dr. Corbin had been left by a woman before, and he may have gotten away with murder once but justice would make sure that he stood trial this time.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I actually turned on the television last night and saw that a television movie of the case was being broadcast. I didn't watch it, but I certainly give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

2 comments:

  1. It always adds to the scare factor when it's based on a true story.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)