Sunday, January 8, 2012

Norah Lofts - Winter Harvest

2. Winter Harvest by Norah Lofts (1955)
(Originally Published as: The Road to Revelation) (1941)
Length: 288 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 6 January 2012
Finished: 8 January 2012
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 14 March 2011
Why do I have it? I like Norah Lofts as an author and have read and enjoyed several other books by this author in the past.


In 1846 the Donner Party set out for the "Promised Land" - leaving hot, arid Utah and Nevada behind for the greener pastures and burgeoning opportunities of California. They were all making the journey together; God-fearing people, immigrants as well as down-on-their-luck entrepreneurs. The good and the brave as well as the weak-willed are thrown together during the strangest journey of their lives. A journey that ends in a horrifying decision which would change all their lives.


I truly enjoyed this book. I had read a non-fiction book on the Donner Party incident last year and found that this novel was factually accurate. It is a sad book about a particularly heart-breaking time in history. I give this book an A+!


A+! - (96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)