Friday, January 13, 2012

Randy Susan Meyers - The Murderer's Daughters

4. The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers (2010)
Length: 320 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 10 January 2012
Finished: 13 January 2012
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 19 November 2010
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Randy Susan Meyers is a new author for me.


Lulu and Merry had never had an ideal childhood, but on the day before Lulu's tenth birthday their father does something that shatters their lives altogether. He has always hungered for the love of the girls self-obsessed mother, but after she throws him out, their troubles turn deadly. Lulu's mother has warned her never to open the door to him but when Lulu's father arrives at the house he bullies his way past her and into the house.


What follows is horrific. Lulu listens to her parents fight and runs to get help. When she returns, Lulu finds that her father has killed her mother, stabbed her sister and tried to kill himself. For thirty years, the sisters try to make sense of what happened: one pretends he's dead, while the other feels compelled to help him. Their imprisoned father is a specter in both their lives, influencing all their life choices. They both fear the day when their father's attempts to win parole might meet with success.


I enjoyed this book very much. It was very well-written and the characters were believable. I give it an A+!


A+! - (96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)