Sunday, January 22, 2012

Belva Plain - Crossroads

8. Crossroads by Belva Plain (2004)
Length: 352 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 18 January 2012
Finished: 22 January 2012
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 17 January 2012
Why do I have it? I like Belva Plain as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.


Cassie Wright never saw it coming. As the owner of the thriving Wright Glassworks, her life was well-planned, orderly and quiet until a tragic accident forces her to become mother to a one year old child who has no one else to care for her. As the years pass, Cassie raises Gwen as her own, and the girl flourished in a world of privilege and opportunity. Enter Jewel Fairbanks; beautiful and conniving, Jewel will touch both Cassie's and Gwen's life in powerful ways. Both Gwen and Jewel will marry - Gwen to honest, hardworking Stan and Jewel to Jeff, a businessman who owns the company where Stan works. 


But when Stan makes a shocking discovery on the job, a growing drama of jealousy, greed and betrayal will entangle both couples, changing all four lives irrevocably in ways they never could have foreseen. While I usually enjoy Belva Plain's books, I found this one to be one of her weakest. I'm still glad that I read it and give this book a B+! 


B+! - (89-85%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)