Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thursdays Are Always my Days to Run Errands!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, Thursday is my day to run errands. Usually, I go to the post office, grocery shopping and sometimes to Walmart as well. It takes me approximately an hour and a half to two hours to get all these things done and I come home by about 2:00 P. M.

Every week, I almost always have books to mail at the post office and this week was no exception. Someone who is a regular listener to the radio show on Sundays called in about a month ago and said that she was recently diagnosed with diabetes. She was terrified by receiving such a diagnosis but because I also have diabetes and have had it for about a decade, I promised to send her some diabetic cookbooks and also some books on how to deal with being recently diagnosed.

Since I last talked to this lady, Mareena has requested three books about diabetes from Paperback Swap. The books arrived on Monday afternoon, March 28th, Wednesday afternoon, March 30th and Thursday afternoon, March 31st. I actually kept The Diabetes Heart Healthy Cookbook by The American Diabetes Association and The American Heart Association - which arrived on Wednesday afternoon, March 30th - to read for myself.

However, I sent the other two books - Diabetes A to Z: What You Need to Know About Diabetes - Simply Put by The American Diabetes Association and The Complete Diabetic Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand - off to that lady on Thursday afternoon, April 7th. I haven't yet received word on whether or not she has gotten the books, but it will probably take a few weeks or so. Not that I'm overly worried about when the books will arrive, but I do like to keep track of which books I sent to whom and when they are received.

As for my reading, I'm currently reading A Paper Life by Tatum O'Neal for the third time. I started this book on Tuesday morning, April 12th! According to Goodreads, as of yesterday morning - Wednesday, April 13th - I'm on page 35 of 285; so I've read approximately 12 percent of the book.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)