Sunday, April 3, 2016

Crosswords are the Puzzles of the Day!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Since the last time that I posted about my extra curricular activities - back on Monday, March 28th - not too much has been going on. I'm still doing puzzles in my spare time - mostly crosswords and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. Mareena and I also like to watch television shows like 'Madam Secretary' and 'The Good Wife' on Sunday nights. We haven't exactly watched 'The Good Wife' every week, but 'Madam Secretary' is a definite 'must see' show for us on Sunday nights!

As for my reading, I have to say that March was a relatively slow reading month for me. Having said that, though, I am happy to announce that I did finish reading a fourth book - Criminals: A Novel by Margot Livesey. I had started reading this book on Saturday afternoon, March 26th and finished it on Thursday evening, March 31st! Overall, this was a really good book and I enjoyed it very much.

I have since started reading a book that has been on my TBR pile since Friday afternoon, December 18th - The Return by Bentley Little. I picked up this book on Friday evening, April 1st, and according to Goodreads as of today - Sunday, April 3rd - I've read 171 pages of the story. As this book actually has 354 pages, having read 171 pages means that I have read approximately 48 percent of the story. Even though the book is slightly longer than I was expecting it to be, the story is still pretty good!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)