Thursday, April 28, 2016

Anita Shreve - A Change in Altitude

Reread. A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve (2009)
Length: 468 pages 
Genre: Historical Fiction 
Originally Read: 24 April 2011
Reread Finished: 28 April 2016
Where did it come from? Originally from Paperback Swap, then from my "keeper" shelf.

Well, I guess that one way to break through an especially stubborn case of Reader's Block is to reread like there's no tomorrow! LOL!!! For the past few days, I have been having some trouble choosing what book I wanted to read next.

I had initially started to read Firestarter by Stephen King on Tuesday morning, April 19th! By Friday morning, April 22nd, I really wasn't that far into the book so decided to set it aside for a while. I finally started reading The Language of Sisters: A Novel by Amy Hatvany on Saturday morning, April 23rd and actually finished the book three days later on Tuesday morning, April 26th!

I was actually looking for another book to read by Tuesday afternoon, April 26th: My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier. Since I couldn't find that particular book, I chose A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve to read instead. This book actually came into my possession in 2011 as a 'just because' gift for April from Mareena. The book arrived in Saturday afternoon, April 2nd's mail in 2011.

I read this book for the first time over three days in April of 2011 - from April 21st, to April 24th, 2011. My reread took place five years later and lasted over two days in April - from April 26th, to April 28th, 2016! I'm definitely going to be keeping this book to read again later.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)