Thursday, October 13, 2016

My Minor Puzzle Blitz Continues!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Anyway, exactly a week ago - on Thursday afternoon, October 6th - I decided to treat myself and bought a box of jigsaw puzzles. There are actually twelve different puzzles in the entire box, but sometimes it feels good to splurge a little bit. As of today - Thursday, October 13th - I have managed to finish a grand total of nine jigsaw puzzles from the box. I have to say that I was expecting such a giant box to last me a little bit longer than it seems like it might, but I suppose it is still not too bad.

So, because I received an injury at my doctor's appointment, I had to go to a follow-up appointment where they told me that they wanted me to monitor my blood pressure and pulse for the next three months. I started charting my results on Monday morning, September 27th and except for a couple of days where my blood pressure and pulse were slightly higher than usual, for the most part the results have been fairly consistent. Since Monday night, October 3rd - the night when all my levels were so surprisingly low - I have continued to chart my progress.

All the results has been relatively stable except for the one night last week when I woke up from a particularly comfortable nap and somehow managed to have an elevated reading on both my blood pressure and my pulse. I did a double take on both readings since I knew that I wasn't dreaming or worried about anything, and so rechecked both results later. Back again to the normal range; as it should be.

As regards my own reading, I actually finished reading A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton on Wednesday evening, October 5th! I was wondering what to read next, and eventually chose to read Deadly Impulse by Olga Bicos on Friday, October 7th. Since then, I have decided to set that book aside for a while in favor of reading Lying Awake: A Novel by Mark Salzman; which I just started this morning: Thursday, October 13th!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)