Saturday, October 8, 2016

Do You Want to Hear a Funny Story?

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Anyway, two days ago - on Thursday afternoon, October 6th - I decided to treat myself and bought a box of jigsaw puzzles. There are actually twelve different puzzles in the entire box, so that should keep me going for a little while! Since the last jigsaw puzzle that I finished was on Friday morning, September 16th, I actually thought that I deserved to get some new puzzles for myself. As of today - Saturday, October 8th - I think I've finished about four of the jigsaw puzzles; at least, so far.

So, because I received an injury at my doctor's appointment, I had to go to a follow-up appointment where they told me that they wanted me to monitor my blood pressure and pulse for the next three months. I started charting my results on Monday morning, September 27th and except for a couple of days where my blood pressure and pulse were slightly higher than usual, for the most part the results have been fairly steady. I have actually been pleasantly surprised by the results - practically text-book level perfection! LOL!!!

So, on Monday night, October 3rd Mareena and I were watching a horror movie on television: The Grudge 3, starring Johanna Braddy and Shawnee Smith. About halfway through the movie - actually during the ads, right after watching a cliffhanger scary scene - I happened to remember to take my blood pressure and pulse. I took them, then had to recheck them just to make sure that I had them correct: my blood pressure was 122 over 49; and my pulse was 63! LOL!!!

As regards my own reading, I actually finished reading A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton on Wednesday evening, October 5th! I was wondering what to read next, and eventually chose to read Deadly Impulse by Olga Bicos yesterday, October 7th. This book has been on my bookshelf since May 20, 2013 and looks very intriguing, despite being on my TBR pile for approximately three years!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)