Monday, October 3, 2016

Despite All Signs to the Contrary, I am Still Reading!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, I'm delighted to let you all know that the 'goose egg' on my head as well as the two black eyes have finally gone better. As a matter of fact, everything was completely back to normal by Friday, September 30th! So, thank goodness for that!

So, as it is now officially the month of October, there is a boatload of horror movies that are going to be shown on television all throughout the month. Usually, the standard 'slasher' movies are always on - such as Saw, Wolf Creek, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Wrong Turn. Granted, Mareena and I have watched three of these movies together, but honestly there just wasn't enough of a backstory to hold our attention - at least not beyond the preliminaries - before we moved on to the chains, torture, and the crazed psychotic serial killers portion of the movie. I have to say that both of us could only watch these films once, and that was enough.

As regards my own reading, I actually started A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton on Monday, September 19th. According to Goodreads, as of this morning - Monday, October 3rd - I'm currently on page 285 of 400; or approximately 71 percent into the story. Since my own copy of A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton is actually 390 pages; reading 285 pages means that I have read approximately 73 percent of the story so far. I'm rather surprised that it's taking such a long time for me to read this book, but I am still enjoying the story.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

1 comment:

  1. I can tolerate mystery, suspense, and horror but no slasher movies. They give me the chills and I have the worst nightmares as a consequence, if I sleep at all!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)