Sunday, October 23, 2016

I'm Looking to Give Myself a Good Scare!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, with Halloween coming up next Monday, October 31st, Mareena and I are searching through our collection of horror movies. While Mareena has found her favorite movie, The Changeling with George C. Scott and Trish Van Devere, we still want to find our copies of The Exorcist, The Woman in Black, and What Lies Beneath. So far, we have only been able to find one of these movies. Oh, and yes, the twist in 'The Exorcist' series on Friday night, October 21st was definitely jaw-dropping!

Anyway, despite doing a lot of crossword puzzles and word jumbles from the newspaper, I've kind of been leaving the sum-doku puzzles alone for a few days. So far - as of Saturday afternoon, October 22nd - I've finished a grand total of six jigsaw puzzles from the giant box of twelve, although I have since started on a seventh one. I don't think it should take me all that long to finish it!

As regards my own reading, I actually finished reading Lying Awake: A Novel by Mark Salzman on Tuesday, October 18th! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and thought it was such a delightful little story. On Monday, October 17th, Lisey's Story: A Novel by Stephen King arrived in the mail. Apparently, Mareena requested the book for me as a 'just because' gift for October; and I started reading it on Tuesday, October 18th!

This was actually just the type of book that I was looking forward to reading in honor of the Halloween season. According to Goodreads - as of today, Sunday, October 23rd - I've read 312 pages out of 513; or approximately 60 percent of the story. So far, it seems to be a really good book!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)