Saturday, September 10, 2016

Well, my Schedule is Full - of Books and Puzzles!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

I am happy to say that everything is going well - at least so far! I'm in the peak of health and have been reading quite a bit as well as doing the occasional jigsaw puzzle and crossword puzzle from the newspaper. After finishing the 500-piece cat puzzle on Saturday night, September 3rd, I found a jigsaw puzzle that I actually hadn't even opened! I think the puzzle was from either this past Christmas or from a belated birthday approximately a year ago.

Actually, on Mareena's birthday our friend Lisa also gave me a jigsaw puzzle along with giving Mareena her own gift. It was really very nice of her to do that, but I don't know if that was the jigsaw puzzle that I chose to do next. Anyway, the jigsaw puzzle was of a farming scene - a huge red barn with plenty of cattle in the pasture. It's actually only had 300 pieces in it, so it didn't seem too difficult for me to finish.

It wasn't all that difficult, although the large expanse of blue sky was what proved to be the trickiest part of the puzzle to do. I believe that I started the puzzle on Sunday night, September 4th and finished the puzzle the next day on Monday afternoon, September 5th! Then, I started doing my next jigsaw puzzle of a sailboat pulling into the harbor on Monday evening, September 5th! The puzzle is 1,000 pieces but I can't really tell how much of it I have done as of this morning - Saturday, September 10th - I'm probably about three quarters of the way through, I think.

As regards my reading, I just started reading a book that I received through the mail on Tuesday afternoon, September 6th! I started reading The Rite: The Making of a Modern Exorcist by Matt Baglio on Thursday night, September 8th! To be perfectly honest, even though the book looks like it's going to be very good, I haven't really gotten into the flow of the story yet.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)