Friday, September 16, 2016

I Thought That I Would be Safe in my Doctor's Office!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, I suppose that if I were to be completely honest, I would have to say that I'm not feeling absolutely wonderful right now - but certainly much better than I was feeling yesterday. I went to my doctor's office for a checkup appointment on Thursday afternoon, September 15th. I was sitting right next to the check-in desk in the waiting room and my name was called. I leaned forward in order to get up from the chair, and the next thing I knew I had whacked my head against the desk.

While it was a serious enough whack for me to pause - and it did hurt a little bit at the time that it happened - I stood up and went into the exam room. The nurse took my blood pressure - which was higher than usual - so she questioned what was wrong with me. I mentioned that I had just bashed my head in the waiting room, so she immediately decided to check my head - which seemed to have developed a substantial lump by the time I had arrived in the exam room.

I finally got home from the doctor's appointment at about 4:00 PM, with a cold compress and strict instructions to keep an eye on my head injury. I was also told that I had to watch out for any possible bleeding on the brain - well, there's a cheery thought. Even Mareena had to wake me up every couple of hours all throughout the night to check on my condition. So all in all, it was quite a busy night!

Given that my head has begun to ache slightly - although, only if I touch the knot on my head too much - I have found that I can't really concentrate too much on anything all that complicated. As a result of circumstances, I just wanted to finish the jigsaw puzzle which I started on Monday afternoon, September 12th! So, it's only taken me a total of four days, but I finished the entire jigsaw puzzle today - Friday, September 16th!

As regards my reading, I've noticed that I haven't gotten all that far into The Rite: The Making of a Modern Exorcist by Matt Baglio. Actually, by Sunday, September 11th, I had only read six more pages than when I started reading the book on Thursday night, September 8th! Since that means that I have only read a total of 20 pages into a book that according to Goodreads has 304 pages in it, I'm thinking of setting the book aside for a while.

So, according to Goodreads - as of Sunday, September 11th - I've read 20 pages into The Rite: The Making of a Modern Exorcist by Matt Baglio. As the book has approximately 304 pages in it, reading 20 pages into the story means that I have read about 6 percent of it. Since my own copy of this book actually has 294 pages, reading 20 pages into it means that I have read approximately 7 percent of the story.

The synopsis is definitely interesting, and having watched the movie with Mareena back in June of 2014 - I'm really looking forward to reading this book. However, I may have to set aside the book for a while, or at least until my head gets better. I might have to see if I can read another book!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)