Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I Can't Believe That I Have Only Managed to Read One Book This Month!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Despite everything that has happened to me recently, I'm doing surprisingly well. My injuries from when I bashed my head on Thursday, September 15th are definitely still with me, but after thirteen days there has been a noticeable improvement. To be perfectly honest, I haven't been doing anything too strenuous beyond reading, sum-doku puzzles, and watching television.

My black eyes are finally turning yellow, which means that the bruises are in the final stage of healing. Thank goodness - because it certainly took them long enough! As regards my sum-doku puzzle quota, as of Wednesday, September 28th, I've done 29 puzzles in the book that I'm currently concentrating on. Having said that, I've only managed to finish reading one book for this entire month - The Rector's Wife by Joanna Trollope.

So, starting on Friday night, September 23rd, Mareena and I tuned in to watch the premiere episode of the new television series based on The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty. We've seen the 1973 film starring Ellen Burstyn and Linda Blair, of course - several times, actually - but then who hasn't seen the movie, it's that popular! The series is very different, and while there may be some things about the plot that are slightly confusing to watch, the first episode was surprisingly creepy - all in all, it was a really intriguing start! I just hope that the series stays that way.

As regards my own reading, I actually started A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton on Monday, September 19th. According to Goodreads, as of this morning - Wednesday, September 28th - I'm currently on page 103 of 400; or approximately 25 percent into the story. Since my own copy of A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton is actually 390 pages; reading 103 pages means that I have read approximately 26 percent of the story so far. Actually, I'm finding this book much slower to read than when I read it the first time.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)