Thursday, September 8, 2016

Joanna Trollope - The Rector's Wife

Reread. The Rector's Wife by Joanna Trollope (1991)
Length: 285 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 26 June 2012
Reread Finished: 8 September 2016
Where did it come from? Originally from a Bookmooch, then from my "keeper" shelf.

So, after looking through some books that I had stored in my bedroom closet - Devil's Eye: A Novel by Al Ruksenas and Somebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage; I had originally planned to read one of my birthday books, The Businessman: A Tale of Terror by Thomas M. Disch. I had started reading this book on September 1st! While this particular book certainly has an intriguing synopsis, I was having a little bit of trouble getting into the story, so decided to put it aside for the moment.

I had just finished reading While I Was Gone by Sue Miller for the third time from August 28th, to August 31st, 2016 and was trying to decide what to read next. Actually, I wasn't planning on choosing a book that would become another reread for me, but then I caught sight of The Rector's Wife by Joanna Trollope. Since I hadn't read this book for quite some time, I decided to start my second reading of it.

I had originally received this book from Mareena as one of her 'just because' gifts for me in June of 2012. Actually, The Rector's Wife by Joanna Trollope arrived in the afternoon mail on June 21st, 2012 - although, I started reading the book for the first time two days later, and spent the next three days reading it in June of 2012 - from June 23rd, to June 26th, 2012! Then, I decided to read this book again four years later.

So, my reread of this book took place approximately four years later - over four days in September of 2016 - from September 4th, to September 8th, 2016. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed rereading this book, although there were some parts of the story that I couldn't for the life of me remember reading the first time through. I have since posted this book on all the book swapping websites that Mareena and I belong to - someone else will enjoy it as much as I did, I'm sure!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)