Sunday, June 19, 2016

The 'Summer of Rereads' Takes a Short Hiatus!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, on Friday evening - Friday, June 17th - I started doing the last jigsaw puzzle from the box of twelve that I bought myself on Thursday afternoon, May 19th! Since each jigsaw puzzle is between 250-500 pieces, they are all relatively easy-to-do - at least, in my opinion. I finished the final puzzle on Saturday afternoon, June 18th.

So on Wednesday morning, June 15th, Mareena let me know that the book swapping website that we use most often was running much slower than usual. We went up to Lake George on Wednesday afternoon, June 15th, so Mareena didn't get a chance to investigate the situation any further. She checked the website again the next day - Thursday morning, June 16th - and discovered that the website was completely down. By Friday morning, June 17th, apparently the website was still down and stayed that way until Mareena checked it again on Friday afternoon, June 17th!

Anyway, with regards to my reading, I have finished three books so far in the month of June. I started reading The Last Time They Met: A Novel by Anita Shreve on Monday night, May 30th! Four days later - on Thursday night, June 2nd - I finished reading the book.

My next book that I read was Dark Debts by Karen Hall, a book that I had previously read for the first time about ten to fifteen years ago. I actually started my reread of this book on Thursday night, June 2nd, and finished it five days later - on Tuesday night, June 7th! I immediately started reading My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier on Tuesday night, June 7th and ten days later - on Friday morning, June 17th - I finished the book.

Up next on my TBR pile was The Castaways: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand. I actually started reading this book on Friday night, June 17th! According to Goodreads, as of today - Sunday, June 19th - I'm on page 89 of 359; or approximately 24 percent into the story. This was actually one of the books that I acquired when Mareena and I went to our perpetual library book sale on Tuesday, June 7th!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)