Monday, June 13, 2016

Apparently, I Just Had to Add to my TBR Pile!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, Mareena's birthday was on Wednesday, June 1st and to celebrate we went to our perpetual Library Book Sale and raided it! We actually went to the library approximately a week later on Tuesday afternoon, June 7th, but still the trip was actually to celebrate Mareena's birthday. We acquired 42 books between us, but 25 of those books were mine.

When Mareena and I returned home after our trip out, I discovered that a second copy of My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier had arrived in the afternoon mail. I guess that means that I acquired 26 books all in one day! Quite an influx of books I suppose, but I don't mind! Actually, right after I finished reading Dark Debts by Karen Hall on Tuesday night, June 7th; I immediately started reading My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier.

Starting on Wednesday night, June 8th, I began doing the collection of twelve puzzles that I had bought on Thursday afternoon, May 19th. As of Monday night, June 13th, I think that I have done a total of nine jigsaw puzzles out of the twelve. I've recently worked it out, and that means that I have done approximately two jigsaw puzzles a day since Wednesday, June 8th! Although, I actually didn't do any puzzles on Sunday, June 12th, but I just barely restrained myself.

As regards my reading, I've finished a total of three books since Saturday afternoon, May 28th! I started Julian's House: A Novel by Judith Hawkes on Wednesday afternoon, May 18th, and surprisingly, it took me ten days to read this book. Actually, I mailed the book off to someone else and they received it on Friday, June 10th!

I also got a phone call yesterday afternoon - Sunday, June 12th - from the lady that we sent the two diabetes books to back in April. We had mailed both books off to her on Thursday afternoon, April 7th, and she just called us again on Sunday afternoon, June 12th, to tell us that she had received them.  She said thank you very much and that she was sorry for the delay in contacting us; but she had been having some serious health issues and couldn't contact us for a while.

So, I started rereading My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier on Tuesday night, June 7th! According to Goodreads, as of today - Monday, June 13th - I'm on page 105 of 288; or approximately 36 percent into the story. In my opinion, this is such a good book, even reading it for the third time!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

2 comments:

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)