Friday, June 17, 2016

Daphne du Maurier - My Cousin Rachel

Reread. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier (1951)
Length: 288 pages 
Genre: Historical Mystery 
Originally Read: 12 September 2009
Reread Finished: 17 June 2016
Where did it come from? Originally from Paperback Swap, then from my "keeper" shelf. I seem to have misplaced my original copy, so Mareena has since reacquired another copy for me.

The 'Summer of Rereads' continues for me with My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier. I actually received my first copy of this book in August of 2009, although I read it for the first time over two days in September of 2009 - from September 10th, to September 12th, 2009. I had put it on my "keeper" shelf after that first reading, then picked it up again to read for a second time over two days in March of 2014 - from March 1st, to March 3rd, 2014. I know that I replaced it on my "keeper" shelf after that reread, because I was planning to read the book again some time in the future.

I started looking for my copy of My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier back in April of 2016, but couldn't for the life of me find my original copy of the book. Despite looking on the same bookshelf where I can distinctly remember putting the book, I must say that I was slightly surprised not to find it there. After looking for it on and off for about a month, Mareena requested another copy for me in May of 2016.

The second copy of My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier arrived in the afternoon mail on June 7th, 2016! Since I was just about to finish reading Dark Debts by Karen Hall, I realized immediately which book would be next up on my TBR pile! I actually started reading the book on the evening of June 7th, 2016 and ten days later - on June 17th, 2016 - I finished the book.

I have since put the book back on another of my "keeper" shelves - just not in the same place where I had kept my original copy. I will be keeping the book to perhaps read one more time. If my original copy eventually turns up again, I'll definitely post it on the various book swapping websites to which Mareena and I belong. It sometimes happens to me that books that I want to read will go missing for a time, then turn up when I least expect them to - usually when I'm not actually searching for them!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

1 comment:

  1. So you finally got reunited, this book and you?! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)