Friday, June 10, 2016

I'm Taking a Bit of a 'Stay-Cation' Through Doing Jigsaw Puzzles!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Actually, I have been dipping into my jigsaw puzzle stash for several days so far. As I've said before, I started doing the 1,000-piece puzzle called 'The Yarmouth Yacht Club' on Tuesday afternoon, May 24th! By Saturday evening, May 28th, I had completely finished the puzzle.

Starting on Wednesday night, June 8th, I began doing the collection of twelve puzzles that I had bought on Thursday afternoon, May 19th. As of Friday night, June 10th, I have done a total of six jigsaw puzzles out of the twelve. I've recently worked it out, and that means that I have done approximately two jigsaw puzzles a day since Wednesday, June 8th!

As regards my reading, I've finished a total of three books since Saturday afternoon, May 28th! I started Julian's House: A Novel by Judith Hawkes on Wednesday afternoon, May 18th, and surprisingly, it took me ten days to read this book! Then I started reading The Last Time They Met: A Novel by Anita Shreve on Monday night, May 30th! I'm not sure what happens to me when I reread certain books, but it took me four days to read this book since I finished it on Thursday night, June 2nd!

My next book that I read was Dark Debts by Karen Hall, a book that I had previously read for the first time about ten to fifteen years ago. I actually started my reread of this book on Thursday night, June 2nd, and finished it five days later - on Tuesday night, June 7th! Since I received another copy of My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier through the mail on Tuesday afternoon, June 7th, I finally got my chance to read this book.

I know that I actually have a copy hidden somewhere in my collection already, but no matter where I look, I still can't locate it. So I had to get myself another copy. I'm sure that my original copy is somewhere within the house, and once it turns up again I will certainly post it on the various book swapping websites that Mareena and I belong to - but until the book is rediscovered, I have a spare copy to read.

I started rereading My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier on Tuesday night, June 7th! According to Goodreads, as of today - Friday, June 10th - I'm on page 33 of 288; or approximately 11 percent into the story. In my opinion, this is such a good book, even reading it for the third time!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)