Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Our Library Visit For June

Hello Everyone! How are you on this fine Tuesday? I'm doing just fine. :) Well, Mareena and I had hoped to go to our local library last Wednesday to celebrate Mareena's birthday at the library's perpetual book sale. Since last Wednesday was the actual date of Mareena's birthday, we were both so looking forward to going out; until both of us woke up on Monday morning, May 30th feeling absolutely horrible. As a result, we postponed Mareena's birthday outing until this afternoon.

So, Pamela drove Mareena and myself to the library today and dropped us off at approximately 12:15 P. M. We spent approximately an hour and a half happily perusing the Library Book Sale. Then Pamela picked us up again at about 2:30 P. M. and brought us back home. We had such a wonderfully relaxing time.

Between us, we bought 42 books at the Library Book Sale - 16 paperbacks, 13 oversized paperbacks and 13 hardcovers. We spent approximately $33 altogether. It turned out to be a fairly good haul for Mareena's annual birthday trip, if I do say so myself. ;) We were actually pretty restrained, completely filling up two canvas tote bags and that was all! :)

At the moment, I'm reading Dark Debts by Karen Hall which I started Thursday morning, June 2nd. I had actually acquired this book during a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to back in August  of 2001 - to celebrate my birthday! LOL!!! I had originally read Dark Debts by Karen Hall approximately ten to fifteen years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed reading it that first time.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)