Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Our Book Swapping is on Hold For a While!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, as of yesterday evening - Tuesday, June 14th - I've done about eleven of the twelve jigsaw puzzles. This afternoon, Mareena and I are going to Lake George with our friend Lisa. Since it's been about a month that we've last gotten together, we wanted to get together again to celebrate Mareena's birthday. Unfortunately, Lisa's mother Sylvia passed away a year ago on Monday, June 13th!

Mareena just told me that as she was surfing the Internet today - Wednesday, June 15th - she noticed that the book swapping website that we use most often was slightly slower than usual. This sometimes happens after a thunderstorm passes through the area; which actually happened on Tuesday night, June 14th! There may be a cable outage somewhere in our area, although the television seems to be working just fine!

Anyway, with regards to my reading, I have only finished two books so far in the month of June. I started reading The Last Time They Met: A Novel by Anita Shreve on Monday night, May 30th! Four days later - on Thursday night, June 2nd - I finished reading the book.

My next book that I read was Dark Debts by Karen Hall, a book that I had previously read for the first time about ten to fifteen years ago. I actually started my reread of this book on Thursday night, June 2nd, and finished it five days later - on Tuesday night, June 7th! Since I received another copy of My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier through the mail on Tuesday afternoon, June 7th, I finally got my chance to read this book.

So, I started rereading My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier on Tuesday night, June 7th! According to Goodreads, as of today - Wednesday, June 15th - I'm on page 164 of 288; or approximately 56 percent into the story. This is still such a good book, but lately my reading pace seems to have slowed down considerably.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)