Monday, May 2, 2016

Lauren Grodstein - A Friend of the Family: A Novel

Reread. A Friend of the Family: A Novel by Lauren Grodstein (2009)
Length: 302 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 20 July 2013
Reread Finished: 2 May 2016
Where did it come from? Originally from a Library Book Sale, then from my "keeper" shelf.

First of all, let me say that I actually wasn't really looking to reread quite so many books from my collection. I was just looking for one particular book to reread: My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier. Since I still haven't been able to locate the book, I have just been reading books that seem intriguing to me - and those books just happen to be books that I have read before.

I actually acquired this book at a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to in June of 2013. We always go to our local library every June to celebrate Mareena's birthday. I read this book for the first time over two days in July of 2013 - from July 18th, to July 20th, 2013. My reread of the book took place approximately two and a half years later - from April 28th, to May 2nd, 2016.

I'm not really sure how I managed to spend five full days reading this book, especially after it only took me two days to read it the first time - but I must say that I still enjoyed reading the book anyway. I have since put this book back on my bookshelf to read again sometime in the future.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)