Sunday, May 15, 2016

After Much Deliberation, I've Finally Decided on Which Book I Want to Read!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

First of all, let me say that after choosing a 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle to do on Tuesday afternoon, May 10th, I was amazed to finish the puzzle in only three days - on Friday afternoon, May 13th! Actually, while everyone else I've ever met tends to view Friday the Thirteenth as a date full of superstition, my mother was entirely different. She used to always tell her children - myself and my brother and sister - that if we ever forgot her birthday (which to be honest, we never actually did!) she wouldn't mind so long as we always, always did something to mark a Friday the Thirteenth! She absolutely loved Friday the Thirteenth - lol!

Actually, I think that the gremlins might have tried to fiddle with our DVD player on Friday afternoon, May 13th! Mareena and I tried to watch a movie that day, and about a quarter of the way through the DVD started skipping. The DVD player itself started clicking and whirring and making various ominous noises! We had borrowed the DVD from a friend of ours, so it might just be a defect in the movie - but Mareena wants to test another movie in our DVD player to make sure.

As for my reading, I must say that I've spent the past few days choosing a particular book to read. After I finished reading A Woman's Place by Barbara Delinsky on Saturday afternoon, May 7th, I picked up Dying Young by Marti Leimbach and started reading it the next day - Sunday evening, May 8th! Despite the fact that I usually enjoy reading extremely poignant books, I found that I just couldn't get into this book all that well. I decided to set the book aside for a while after reading it for a short period of time.

Next up, I chose a book that Mareena gave me for my 'just because' gift for May: Blind Date by Frances Fyfield. The book arrived in Saturday, May 7th's afternoon mail, although I actually started reading it on Monday afternoon, May 9th! Actually, on Tuesday afternoon, May 10th,  I ended up rereading all 11 pages that I had already read. So does that mean that I actually started reading Blind Date by Frances Fyfield on Tuesday afternoon, May 10th?

Anyway, I had to temporarily put aside Blind Date by Frances Fyfield in favor of a 'tried and true' favorite of mine: The Saving Graces: A Novel by Patricia Gaffney; which I started reading on Friday afternoon, May 13th! According to Goodreads, as of today - Sunday, May 15th - I have read 99 of 400 pages; or approximately 25 percent. Since my own copy of The Saving Graces: A Novel by Patricia Gaffney actually has 394 pages; then having read 99 pages means that I've read approximately 26 percent.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)