Saturday, May 21, 2016

I Think That it Deserves a Brief Mention...

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

First of all, let me say that after Mareena and I tried to watch our friend's borrowed DVD on Friday afternoon, May 13th and had problems with it, I may have leapt before I looked. Mareena had wanted to test another DVD in the DVD player, but I decided that we needed a whole new DVD player. As I've said before, Thursday afternoons are my usual day to run errands. However, I had some other errands to run that couldn't wait for Thursday, so I went on Monday.

So, on Monday afternoon, May 16th, I decided that I would get a new DVD player to replace the one that I thought was broken. Wow, did I ever rush to a conclusion: it was just our friend's wonky DVD! Mareena tested the DVD player on Tuesday morning, May 17th using one of our own DVDs, and the player worked just fine. The only thing that was wrong was that the DVD player's remote needed new batteries: which I found in the drawer in the hutch in my bedroom.

On my regular errand day - Thursday afternoon, May 19th - I returned the DVD player that I bought in haste, and decided to buy us both a little something to celebrate. For myself, I bought two jigsaw puzzles - actually, one was twelve jigsaw puzzles in one and another jigsaw puzzle; so I wound up getting myself thirteen puzzles all together. I got Mareena a new DVD - The Exorcism of Anna Ecklund - which is allegedly based on a true story.

As for my reading, The Saving Graces: A Novel by Patricia Gaffney was actually another reread for me from approximately ten to fifteen years ago. My reread of this book took place over five days in May - from May 13th, to May 18th! I immediately started reading Julian's House: A Novel by Judith Hawkes on Wednesday afternoon, May 18th!

Julian's House: A Novel by Judith Hawkes was actually another reread for me from approximately four and a half years ago. I read this book for the first time over four days in December of 2012 - from December 11th, to December 15th, 2012! Since I started my reread of this book on Wednesday afternoon, May 18th, I'm happy to say that I'm doing fairly well with my reading so far.

According to Goodreads, as of today - Saturday, May 21st - I've read 122 pages of 400; or approximately 30 percent. Since my own copy of this book actually has 381 pages in it, reading 122 pages of the book means that I've read 32 percent of this book.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)