Friday, February 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For January at Moonshine and Rosefire

 

Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out January with 640 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 631 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Price Chopper, Netgalley, Bookmooch, Paperback Swap and authors.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- An Isolated Incident by Susan R. Sloan
- Mount Vernon Love Story: A Novel of George and Martha Washington by Mary Higgins Clark
- Downtown by Anne Rivers Siddons
- Shock Talk: The Exorcist Files by Bob Larson
- Rose by Martin Cruz Smith
- Tell me Your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon
- The Wicked Wives: A Novel Based on a True Story by Gus Pelagatti
- A Ruling Passion: Volume 1 by Judith Michael
- Temporary Sanity: A Crime Novel by Rose Connors

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- The Great Potato Cookbook: 250 Sensational Recipes For the World's Favorite Vegetable by Reader's Digest Editors
- Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason
- The Brontes: Wild Genius on the Moors, the Story of Three Sisters by Juliet Barker
- The Burning Air by Erin Kelly
- Act of God by Susan R. Sloan
- The Best of Dear Abby by Abigail Van Buren

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- The House of Thunder by Dean R. Koontz
- Blind Love: The True Story of the Texas Cadet Murders by Peter Meyer
- Cold Kill: The True Story of a Murderous Love by Jack Olsen
- To Die is Not Enough: A True Account of Murder and Retribution by Donald Delano Wright
- Blood Red Roses by Margaret Lawrence
- A Passion For Life: The Biography of Elizabeth Taylor by Donald Spoto
- Two-Minute Mysteries Collection by Donald J. Sobel
- Nora, Nora by Anne Rivers Siddons
- Devil's Gate by Elizabeth Ergas
- A Cold Mind by David L. Lindsay
- Demon Summer by Elaine Booth Selig
- The Carousel by Rosamunde Pilcher
- Change Baby by June Spence
- Convictions: My Journey From the Convent to the Courtroom by Arlene Violet
- Windswept by Mary Ellen Chase
- Islands by Anne Rivers Siddons
- The Wicked Wives: A Novel Based on a True Story by Gus Pelagatti

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 3,158
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was January. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)