Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jodi Picoult - Change of Heart

12. Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult (2008)
Length: 447 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 3 February 2013
Finished: 6 February 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 2 February 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Jodi Picoult is a new author for me.

One moment June Nealon was happily looking forward to spending many years filled with laughter and adventure with her family, and the next, she was staring into a future that was as barren and empty as her heart. Now her life is a waiting game. Waiting for her wounds to heal, waiting for justice. In short, waiting for an impossible miracle.

For Shay Bourne, life holds no more surprises. The world has given him nothing, and he has nothing to offer the world. In a heartbeat, though, something happens that changes everything for him. Now, he has one last chance at salvation, and it lies with June's eleven-year-old daughter, Claire. But between Shay and Claire stretches an ocean of bitter regrets, past crimes, and the rage of a mother who has lost her child.

Would you give up your desire for vengeance against someone you hate if it meant saving someone you love? Would you want your dreams to come true even if it meant granting your enemy's dying wish? I really enjoyed this book. I found it to be incredibly thought-provoking and I give this book an A+!

Jodi Picoult is a new author for me although I have seen the television adaptation of The Tenth Circle, which is another of Jodi Picoult's books that was made into a movie about two years ago. I have three more of Jodi Picoult's books on my bookshelf - Handle With Care, House Rules and My Sister's Keeper - all four books by Jodi Picoult, I picked up from this most recent Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to on Saturday.

A+! - (96-100%)
   
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)