Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper: A Novel

17. My Sister's Keeper: A Novel by Jodi Picoult (2004)
Length: 500 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 23 February 2013
Finished: 27 February 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 2 February 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and had read and enjoyed Change of Heart by the same author. 

Anna Fitzgerald is the youngest of three children - conceived to be a bone marrow donor for her older sister, Kate - who from the age of two, has battled a rare form of leukemia. All her life, Anna has never questioned her role in the family as Kate's bone marrow match. By the age of thirteen, Anna has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions and shots so that Kate can somehow fight the leukemia and eventually achieve remission. Like most teenagers, Anna has begun to question who she really is - as her own person and as a valued member of her family. So, Anna makes a decision that for most would prove unthinkable, a decision that will surely tear her family apart and could prove to be potentially fatal for the sister she loves so dearly.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It took me a little while to get in to the plot, but once I did, I found My Sister's Keeper: A Novel by Jodi Picoult to be incredibly poignant. I think that I may have enjoyed this book just slightly more than Change of Heart, which was also extremely thought-provoking in its own right. I give My Sister's Keeper: A Novel by Jodi Picoult a definite A+! and am looking forward to reading my next book by this author sometime in the very near future.

A+! - (96-100%)   

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Rosefire. Thanks for putting my blog in your Blog Roll; I'm honored.
    I haven't read this book but I saw the movie and liked it a great deal. You should check it out. I'm going to include this one in my TBR pile.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carmen,
    You are more than welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog as well! :) I really enjoyed this book myself, and until I saw the cover with Now a Major Motion Picture emblazoned across the top of it, I had no idea that there actually was one made. I do hope that the movie did the book justice, Carmen? So often the book and movie are completely different from each other.

    I read on your blog that you recently watched and enjoyed Hitchcock? My daughter and I are both dying to see that movie ourselves and I'm so glad that you enjoyed it, Carmen.



    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)