Monday, January 28, 2013

Judith Michael - A Ruling Passion: Volume 1

8. A Ruling Passion: Volume 1 by Judith Michael (1990)
Length: 567 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 25 January 2013
Finished: 28 January 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 May 2008
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and despite having several books by Judith Michael on my bookshelf, I haven't read that many books by this author before.

Pampered socialite Valerie Sterling is shattered by her husband's death and the mysterious loss of her wealth. But she somehow finds within herself the will to build a new life, and rekindles a romance with television network head Nicholas Fielding - an old college flame. Valerie is totally unaware of the dangerous passions she is stirring up in Sybille Enderby, her childhood friend and the daughter of a seamstress on one of Valerie's estates. 

Clawing her way up in the television industry, Sybille has always coveted all that Valerie has. Yet success, marriage, and the glittering whirl of society cannot quench Sybille's envy of her friend...an envy that grows into one blinding obsession: to destroy Valerie Sterling.

I liked this book very much. The characters were sympathetically drawn - even though they were wealthy, and moved within elite social circles, they ultimately faced the exact same personal problems and struggles as everyone else in the world. I give this book an A+! and I am eagerly trying to locate A Ruling Passion: Volume 2 by Judith Michael to see how the rest of the story turns out.

A+! - (96-100%)   

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)