Wednesday, November 16, 2016

So, we Are Going Out to Lunch With Lisa Today!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, after a few months hiatus, we are finally going to be able to get together with our friend Lisa for lunch today. While we were actually able to get together back in mid-August in order to celebrate my birthday, Lisa had said at the time that she had forgotten a couple of souvenirs that she bought back for us from her family's European vacation. Actually, Lisa and her husband and family took a six-week family reunion vacation to a small village in Germany and they went sightseeing around Paris, France as well - so, for the last week in June and all of July - Lisa's family were getting reacquainted with, and in some cases meeting for the first time, her husband's distant cousins and his cousins' families. Lisa's husband was born in Germany, although he and his family came to America when he was about twelve years old.

With all the recent trouble that Germany and France has been experiencing - especially over the summer - Mareena and I were extremely worried that Lisa would be in danger somehow during her travels. When she saw us again in mid-August, she told us that she had actually visited a secluded village in Germany, nowhere near the towns that were attacked - and had only spent one day sightseeing in Paris near the end of her vacation. Lisa also said that she had bought us each a little souvenir back from Paris.

So, as regards my own reading, I'm actually reading two books - something that I have almost never done before. After I finished reading Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King on Monday, November 14th, I immediately started When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule the same day. Because I've temporarily misplaced the book that I'm currently reading, I started the book Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer just today - Wednesday, November 16th!

According to Goodreads - as of today, November 16th - I've actually read 51 pages out of 240 in the Leslie Rule book; or approximately 21 percent. Since my copy of When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule is actually 222 pages, reading 51 pages means that I have read approximately 23 percent of the story so far. Leslie Rule is the daughter of the crime author Ann Rule; but she seems to be a great writer in her own right.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)