Friday, November 18, 2016

Nancy Thayer - Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel

Reread. Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer (1999)
Length: 241 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 16 September 2014
Reread Finished: 18 November 2016
Where did it come from? Originally from Paperback Swap, then from my "keeper" shelf.

So, having finished reading Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King on Monday, November 14th, I had originally started reading When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule on the same day. I was really enjoying the book, as it is written by the popular crime writer Ann Rule's daughter. It seems as if Ann Rule's books focus on crimes within the physical world - the victim, the perpetrator, the crime itself and the police investigation - and Leslie Rule's books focus more on the paranormal aspect of a crime. Leslie Rule's books are about the poor souls that seemingly can never rest peacefully.

It was actually two days later when I was trying to locate When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule and couldn't find it. I needed to find something else to read rather quickly and just grabbed the first book off the top of my bookshelf. It just so happened that the book that I grabbed was Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer. By the time that I found When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule again, I was already immersed in Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer and wanted to finish it.

So, after starting to read When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule on Monday, November 14th, I started reading Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer for the third time on Wednesday, November 16th. I originally received this book in the mail as Mareena's 'just because' gift for September of 2014. I started reading it for the first time on the same day as it arrived on September 15th, 2014 and finished the book a day later - on September 16th, 2014.

The second time that I read this book was over two days in December of 2015 - from December 2nd, to December 4th, 2015. The third time that I read this book was over two days in November of 2016 - from November 16th, to November 18th, 2016. I'm planning to keep the book and read it again some time soon.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)