Saturday, November 12, 2016

Since I Think I'm Nearly at the End of This Book...

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Since I'm actually almost finished with the book I'm currently reading, I'm on the hunt for another book. I know that I have talked about my process of choosing which book I want to read next. At the moment, I have at least two books on my radar: When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule and Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer. The first book is actually written by the daughter of the crime writer Ann Rule. The second book is actually a reread for me from about a year ago.

I have also been doing a number of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. Although I've only been able to finish a few puzzles, I've only been working through my accumulated puzzles for the past week or so. While I was out running errands on Thursday afternoon, November 10th, I also picked up another jigsaw puzzle - a 750-piece puzzle of a fairytale-style castle. I haven't started doing this puzzle just yet, but I figured that since I'm still working on the puzzle of the old-fashioned county fair, I may as well lay in some more supplies. Yes, I do realize that this is just my justification for buying more jigsaw puzzles, but honestly, this particular puzzle just caught my eye.

As regards my own reading, I actually finished reading Lisey's Story: A Novel by Stephen King on Friday, October 28th! Although I enjoyed reading this particular book very much, I really wanted to start reading Mareena's second October 'just because' gift for me which arrived on Tuesday, October 25th. Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King arrived in the mail after I had requested that Mareena put a few Stephen King novels for me on our joint wishlist. Surprisingly, Lisey's Story: A Novel and Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales - both by Stephen King - basically arrived within a week of each other!

I actually started reading Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King on Monday, October 31st. According to Goodreads - as of Saturday, November 12th - I've read 497 pages out of 583; or approximately 85 percent of the story. I'm actually really enjoying reading this book very much!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)