Thursday, November 3, 2016

I Must Say That I Have Done Quite a Bit Over the Past Few Days!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, on Thursday afternoon, October 27th, I was running some errands and caught sight of what I thought was another box of twelve jigsaw puzzles. I had just started doing my eleventh puzzle of the twelve, and thought that another box of twelve would be wonderful for me to have. Yet, in the cold light of Friday morning, October 28th, I noticed my mistake: I had bought the exact same box of puzzles that I had gotten myself on Thursday afternoon, October 6th! I guess that means that I will have to return my newest box of puzzles during my errand day next week.

Anyway, by Friday, October 28th, I'm happy to say that I finished Lisey's Story: A Novel by Stephen King. I say that not because this book was in any way boring - I enjoyed reading it very much - but because Mareena's second 'just because' gift for me arrived on Tuesday, October 25th and I was eager to start reading it as soon as I could! I finally got that chance on Monday, October 31st.

Well, on Monday afternoon, October 31st, Mareena and I didn't watch any of our horror movies that we have on DVD - although, we are still trying to track down our copies of The Exorcist and What Lies Beneath. We know that we still have both movies in our collection, but we just can't locate either of them right now. Is anyone else beginning to think that Mareena and my DVD collection is turning into both our personal libraries: we can never find something when we want to - but when we aren't actually looking for something - ta da, there it is! :)

Instead, we watched two horror movies on television: Silence of the Lambs and Thirteen Ghosts. We had seen both movies already, but they were both so good that we didn't mind watching them both again. In other words, we just 'vegged out' on watching movies for the day. LOL!!!

Between 'vegging out' by watching horror movies on Monday, October 31st, I also started the final jigsaw puzzle out of the big box of twelve. I was also doing the occasional sum-doku puzzle during the television ads. As of yesterday morning - Wednesday, November 2nd - I've finished approximately 93 sum-doku puzzles in one book and 72 puzzles in the other book.

As regards my own reading, I actually finished reading Lisey's Story: A Novel by Stephen King on Friday, October 28th! Although I enjoyed reading this particular book very much, I really wanted to start reading Mareena's second October 'just because' gift for me which arrived on Tuesday, October 25th. Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King arrived in the mail after I had requested that Mareena put a few Stephen King novels for me on our joint wishlist. Surprisingly, Lisey's Story: A Novel and Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales - both by Stephen King - basically arrived within a week of each other!

I started reading Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King on Monday, October 31st. According to Goodreads - as of Thursday, November 3rd - I've read 81 pages out of 583; or approximately 14 percent of the story. I have actually just started the fourth story out of fourteen.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)