Monday, November 28, 2016

I'm a Little Behind With my Reading!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

I'm happy to say that I've not suffered from reader's block since maybe mid-April. Although having said that, I've noticed that I have been reading just the slightest bit less. I will say that I have been reading back-to-back chunksters - for a combined total of 1,086 pages - so I guess that's why I haven't read more.

Since I read one chunkster book as my last book in October and the second book was the first one that I read in November, I wasn't too worried about the actual number of books that I was reading. I'm enjoying the books that I've read and that is basically all that matters to me anyway. LOL!!!

Anyway, Mareena and I have been watching 'The Exorcist' since it came back on television on Friday, November 4th! I think the season finale of the show aired on Friday, November 18th, but I honestly don't know if it was actually the series finale or not. It was such an incredible cliffhanger, that I sincerely hope that the show comes back on television again soon.

I haven't been doing that many sumdoku puzzles from my collection of puzzles, but sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper have been all the rage for me recently. So far, I have managed to finish about fifteen to twenty sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper. I have also been dabbling a little bit more into my jigsaw puzzle and sumdoku puzzle collection - I've only managed to do two or three sumdoku puzzles from my books, and I finished the 750-piece jigsaw puzzle of the castle on Monday, November 21st!

So, as regards my own reading, I actually finished reading When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule on Wednesday, November 23rd! Then I immediately started reading The House of Lost Souls by F. G. Cottam - another book that had just arrived in the afternoon mail on Wednesday, November 23rd. I finished the book three days later on Saturday, November 26th!

After spending about a day and a half trying to choose another book to read, I think that I have settled on a book that has been on my bookshelf for almost eight years. Snow Falling on Cedars: A Novel by David Guterson was Mareena's 'just because' gift for me from August of 2009. It looks like such a good book that I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't gotten to read it yet.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)