Tuesday, November 8, 2016

So, Eight Days Into the Month, I Feel Like I've Not Been Reading as Much as I Want!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, to be perfectly honest, it feels like I have been doing more puzzles than any actual reading. I suppose that this isn't necessarily true, however it just feels that way. I'm still doing the jigsaw puzzle of the old-fashioned county fair that I started on Friday, November 4th. Because this puzzle is so tricky to do, I've actually spent the first couple of days separating the puzzle pieces into color-coded piles according to the picture on the box.

I have been doing a fair number of crossword puzzles and sum-doku puzzles from the newspaper as well. While I still did a few more sum-doku puzzles from both puzzle books that I'm working through, I switched to puzzles from the newspaper on Saturday, November 5th! I suppose I haven't had that much success yet as I have only managed to finish two of the puzzles that I have accumulated over the past few weeks.

As regards my own reading, I actually finished reading Lisey's Story: A Novel by Stephen King on Friday, October 28th! Although I enjoyed reading this particular book very much, I really wanted to start reading Mareena's second October 'just because' gift for me which arrived on Tuesday, October 25th. Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King arrived in the mail after I had requested that Mareena put a few Stephen King novels for me on our joint wishlist. Surprisingly, Lisey's Story: A Novel and Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales - both by Stephen King - basically arrived within a week of each other!

I actually started reading Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King on Monday, October 31st. According to Goodreads - as of Tuesday, November 8th - I've read 390 pages out of 583; or approximately 67 percent of the story. I actually just started reading the tenth story out of fourteen.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)