Monday, November 21, 2016

Puzzles, Puzzles Everywhere!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, when Lisa came to take us to lunch on Wednesday afternoon, November 16th, we ended up going to Red Lobster. As soon as we arrived, we discovered that they were apparently freshening up the place - repainting the siding and reinforcing the front steps and the ramp. We still decided to have lunch there - but honestly, the temporary ramp was much steeper than we were expecting - so if they are still working on the place for much longer, we've decided to go somewhere else next time.

Lisa actually gave us the souvenirs that she bought for us from Paris: Mareena got a deep blue enamel clip for her hair, and I received a box of three fairy puzzles all in French. Each puzzle features a fantastic scene with a glittering little fairy sitting in glades, on toadstools, or hiding in trees. I don't know if the puzzles are actually meant for children or not, and I really don't mind if they are. Lisa said that she knows how much I like doing jigsaw puzzles, so she just couldn't pass up the chance to get me a jigsaw puzzle - or I suppose, three jigsaw puzzles - all the way from Paris, France.

Actually, I finished the 1,000-piece puzzle of the old-fashioned county fair on Sunday night, November 13th. Since I initially started doing this puzzle on Friday afternoon, November 4th, that means that I have spent nine days on this particular puzzle. I immediately started doing the 750-piece puzzle of the fairytale-style castle the next day - Monday morning, November 14th! I'm actually pretty close to finishing this puzzle today - exactly a week later.

So, as regards my own reading, I've found When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule again. I actually finished reading Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer on Friday, November 18th and even though I had only spent two days reading this particular book and had already found the Leslie Rule book by Thursday, November 17th - I picked up with my reading of When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt again on Sunday, November 20th!

According to Goodreads - as of today, November 21st - I've actually read 86 pages out of 240 in the Leslie Rule book; or approximately 36 percent. Since my copy of When the Ghost Screams: True Stories of Victims Who Haunt by Leslie Rule is actually 222 pages, reading 86 pages means that I have read approximately 39 percent of the story so far. Leslie Rule is the daughter of the crime author Ann Rule; but she seems to be a great writer in her own right.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)