Friday, March 1, 2013

Reading Wrap-up For February at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out February with 637 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 629 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to on February 2nd, Amazon and Loyal Books.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
- Nethergate by Norah Lofts

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- As Max Saw It by Louis Begley
- The Woman in Black: A Ghost Story by Susan Hill
- Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
- The Naked Face by Sidney Sheldon
- The Gathering by Anne Enright
- "They Always Call us Ladies": Stories From Prison by Jean Harris
- My Sister's Keeper: A Novel by Jodi Picoult

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- The Accomplice by Elizabeth Ironside
- The Beach House by James Patterson
- Beauty Beyond the Ashes: Choosing Hope After Crisis by Cheryl McGuinness
- The Broken Cord by Michael Dorris
- Child of my Heart by Alice McDermott
- Dracula in Love by Karen Essex
- Earthquake at Dawn by Kristiana Gregory
- The Edge of the Sky by Drusilla Campbell
- Garden of Lies by Eileen Goudge
- Green Calder Grass by Janet Dailey
- Handle With Care: A Novel by Jodi Picoult
- Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman
- House Rules: A Novel by Jodi Picoult
- Husband and Wife: A Novel by Leah Stewart
- I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass
- The Ladies' Lending Library: A Novel by Janice Kulyk Keefer
- The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
- A Little Death by Laura Wilson
- Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
- More Than Words Can Say: A Novel by Robert Barclay
- Night Whispers by Judith McNaught
- Presumption of Death by Perri O'Shaughnessy
- Prince of Darkness by P. C. Doherty
- Quinn by Iris Johansen
- The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell 
- See Jane Die: A Novel by Erica Spindler
- Sights Unseen by Kaye Gibbons
- Solomon's Oak: A Novel by Jo-Ann Mapson
- Somebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage
- Winter's Child by Margaret Maron
- You Don't Love This Man: A Novel by Dan Deweese
- A Family Affair by Mary Campisi
- From the Shadows + Snapped by C. J. Johnson
- The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Identity by Ted Dekker
- Beneath by Kit Tinsley

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- The First Deadly Sin by Lawrence Sanders
- Temporary Sanity: A Crime Novel by Rose Connors
- Mila 18 by Leon Uris
- Manhattan by Neal Travis
- Lines and Shadows by Joseph Wambaugh
- Survivor by Christina Crawford
- What Your Birthday Reveals About You 366 Days of Astonishingly Accurate Revelations About Your Future Your Secrets and Your Strengths by Phyllis Vega

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 8
Pages Read: 2,184
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was February. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)