Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Iris Johansen - Quinn

19. Quinn by Iris Johansen (2011)
Eve, Quinn and Bonnie Series Book 2
Length: 374 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 5 March 2013
Finished: 6 March 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 2 February 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and despite my having several books by this author on my bookshelf, Iris Johansen is a new author for me.

As a former Navy SEAL turned cop, Joe Quinn has seen the face of evil and knows just how dark the shadows of the soul can turn. But when he met Eve Duncan a decade ago, he never expected to fall in love with a woman whose torment has ultimately fueled her twin desires to bring her missing daughter home and reveal the truth of her disappearance, no matter how devastating it may be. Eve's fateful first love, John Gallo, seems to hold the key to the mystery of young Bonnie's fate. With Joe's life hanging in the balance at the hands of John, justice may never be served - unless CIA agent Catherine Ling, who owes her own child's life to Eve and Joe, can outsmart him at his own game.

I found this book to be very exciting and suspenseful in its own right, full of strong characters and well-written, but the book was not really my cup of tea. This is the second book in a trilogy, and I must say that because I hadn't read the first book it took me a while to realize what was going on. I give Quinn by Iris Johansen an A! 

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)