Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reading Wrap-up for October at Moonshine and Rosefire

 

Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out October with 647 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 637 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from authors, Paperback Swap and Bookmooch.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The President's Lady: A Novel About Rachel and Andrew Jackson by Irving Stone
- Duplicate Keys by Jane Smiley
- The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
- Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
- At Paradise Gate by Jane Smiley
Margaret Trudeau: The Prime Minister's Runaway Wife by Felicity Cochrane
- Islands by Anne Rivers Siddons
Spectre Nightmares and Visitations by Pamela K. Kinney
Coroner by Thomas T. Noguchi, M. D. and Joseph DiMona
- Disobedience by Jane Hamilton

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- My Soul to Keep by Judith Hawkes
- Scrolls of Darkness by Paul Henry Johnson
Haunted Richmond II by Pamela K. Kinney
Haunted Virginia: Legends, Myths and True Tales by Pamela K. Kinney
- The Murder of King Tut: The Plot to Kill the Child King by James Patterson and Martin Dugard
- Low Country by Anne Rivers Siddons

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- A Whisper in the Attic by Gloria Murphy
- Scare Tactics by John Farris
- The Uncanny by Andrew Klavan
- 13 by Philip Loraine
- Shades of Souls Passed: True Accounts of Ghostly Encounters in Madison County, New York by Teresa R. Andrews
- Hawaii by James A. Michener
Quentins by Maeve Binchy
The Return Journey by Maeve Binchy
My Beloved Son by Catherine Cookson
The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney
Sweet Everlasting by Patricia Gaffney
Everlasting by Nancy Thayer
The Secrets of Lake Success by Janet Quin-Harkin
Inheritance by Judith Michael
The President's Lady: A Novel About Rachel and Andrew Jackson by Irving Stone
- Where or When by Anita Shreve
Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
- Master Builders of the Middle Ages by David Jacobs
- The Juror by George Dawes Green
- Blood Will Tell by Gary Cartwright
- Lullaby and Good Night by Vincent Bugliosi and William Stadiem
- Man With a Gun by Robert Daley

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 10
Pages Read: 2,684
Grade Range: A+! to A!

So, there you go! The reading month that was October. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)