Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jason F. Wright - The Wednesday Letters

86. The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright (2007)
The Letters Series Book 1
Length: 280 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 8 October 2012
Finished: 9 October 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 July 2012
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Jason F. Wright is a new author for me.

Jack and Laurel Cooper's story begins with one letter on their wedding night, a letter from the groom, promising to write his bride every week - for as long as they both shall live. Thirty-nine years later, with his wife cradled in his arms, and before Jack takes his last breath, he scribbles his last "Wednesday Letter" to his wife. That night, Jack and Laurel die in each other's arms.

When their adult children return to the family bed and breakfast in order to arrange their parents funerals, they discover the boxes and boxes full of love letters that their father wrote to their mother every Wednesday. As they begin to open and read each letter, the children discover the shocking truth about the past that ultimately forces them to face a life-changing moment.

As each letter reveals the joys and sorrows of their parents marriage, the children must face and deal with their own present-day challenges. Matthew, Jack and Laurel's eldest son, is struggling in a troubled marriage; Samantha, Jack and Laurel's only daughter, is a single mother, and Malcolm is the black sheep of the family, returning after a two year absence.

I liked this book and give it an A+! It was perhaps not my favorite book, but it was an easy read and interesting enough to keep me involved until the end. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes books about families and will say that this particular book could possibly be read in one day - I read fifty pages before I went to bed last night and finished up the book today.

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)