Saturday, October 20, 2012

Felicity Cochrane - Margaret Trudeau: The Prime Minister's Runaway Wife

89. Margaret Trudeau: The Prime Minister's Runaway Wife by Felicity Cochrane (1978)
Length: 173 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction
Started: 19 October 2012
Finished: 20 October 2012
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 19 October 2012
Why do I have it? I like biographies and autobiographies and Felicity Cochrane is a new author for me.

The whole world watched in spellbound fascination as beautiful, young Margaret Trudeau - wife of Canada's powerful Prime Minister, struck up an open friendship with the rock group, The Rolling Stones. Shortly afterward, the six-year long marriage between the handsome, debonair and elegant politician in his mid-fifties and the gorgeous twenty-something rebel was officially on the rocks. But this was only the latest chapter in the story of the fairy tale marriage between Pierre and Margaret Trudeau. 

The 'Rolling Stones' incident was only the latest one of many scandals that Margaret Trudeau was somehow linked with during her tumultuous marriage to Pierre Trudeau. From Margaret's own early involvement with radical politics to Pierre's ties to other women - including Barbra Streisand - this biography reveals all!

I did enjoy reading this book and started it immediately on the day that it arrived in the mail all the way from Israel. However, I found that I didn't really learn much more about Margaret Trudeau's life and marriage that I didn't already know from reading Margaret Trudeau's own autobiography, Beyond Reason, which I had read in September of 2012. I give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)