Thursday, November 8, 2012

Agatha Christie and Charles Osborne - Black Coffee

98. Black Coffee by Agatha Christie (1930) and Charles Osborne (1997)
(Adapted from Agatha Christie's play of the same name)
The Hercule Poirot Series Book 6.5 
Length: 221 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 7 November 2012
Finished: 8 November 2012
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 5 November 2012
Why do I have it? Mareena's friend Katie called me up some time in February of this year and we got to talking about Agatha Christie. Katie had me write down a whole long list of Agatha Christie books that she had read and enjoyed. Black Coffee was one title that Katie mentioned during our conversation. :) 

Belgian private detective Hercule Poirot and his friend and detecting partner Captain Arthur Hastings receive an urgent call for help from renowned physicist Sir Claud Amory. Sir Claud is absolutely convinced that a member of his own household is attempting to steal a secret formula created by Sir Claud, and destined for use by the Ministry of Defense. Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings travel to Sir Claud's sprawling mansion,  only to discover that the famed physicist has been poisoned by his after-dinner coffee. The formula is also missing.

Now, the renowned private detective must discover who among the mansion's occupants has become desperate enough to kill Sir Claud. Hercule Poirot uncovers a potent brew of despair, treachery, and deception as he tries to identify the murderer and locate the missing formula. Black Coffee by Agatha Christie was very good and I give it an A+! However, for the first time in reading an Agatha Christie mystery, I knew who the murderer was before I had finished reading the book. :)

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)