Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sidney Sheldon - Nothing Lasts Forever

96. Nothing Lasts Forever by Sidney Sheldon (1994)
Length: 398 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 3 November 2012
Finished: 4 November 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 July 2012
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Three female doctors begin five years in training at Embarcadero County Hospital in San Francisco. The story, set against hospital and courtroom, chronicles their lives together and their struggle against those who are determined to see that they don't succeed.

Dr. Paige Taylor - After she inherited a million dollars from a patient whom she 'helped to die' at their request, the District Attorney charged her with murder.

Dr. Kat Hunter - She vowed never to allow a man to get too close to her again...until she accepted the challenge of a deadly bet.

Dr. Honey Taft - To make it in medicine, she knew that she'd need something more then the brains God gave her.

From the life-and-death decisions faced in the operating room to the tension-packed fireworks of a murder trial, Nothing Lasts Forever by Sidney Sheldon lays bare the ambitions and fears of healers and killers, lovers and betrayers.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a wonderful page-turner that I couldn't put down! I do so enjoy Sidney Sheldon as an author, even though I have just recently got back into reading his books after an hiatus of several years. I give this book an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)